fall

Voting

Friday, February 6, 2009

x + 32 = 50

What does "x" equal? The number of days out of the last 50 that I have felt functional, o.k., or close to "normal". As in not terribly nauseated and/or receiving treatment.

For those of you who may struggle with math, the answer is that "x" = 18. 18 out of the last 50 days. I was beginning to feel like a baby - always complaining and crying about how awful I felt. No matter how hard I tried to control them, the tears were (and are) so often present. But when I did the math, I felt better. Because 18 is not very many. Add in to the mix that within those 50 days, we had college girls come and go, prepared for and celebrated Christmas, got through big snow storms, I continued to work two jobs (semi), and lived normal life. In retrospect, I did pretty good, I think.

End of math lesson for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment