fall

Voting

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Change the Past?

Would I, if I could, change the last year of my life?

Blot out the pain and awfulness of breast cancer?

Take away the surgeries and chemo?

Reclaim the time spent on so many doctor visits?

Call back the millions of tears?

Erase the sudden and terrific fears?

hmmm.

Interesting questions to ponder.

But there would be more questions that would have to be considered before I could answer any of them honestly.

Would I return the courage and strength that God has granted me?

Take back the boldness of sharing my faith in the God who has promised me that He will be with me wherever I go?

Would I go back to being a stranger to my family?

Release the 'reconnections' with so many friends?

Live, again, with no thought of my own mortality?

Give back the renewed understanding of what a solid, strong, and wonderful man I married? 

Take away the pain my daughters have experienced? 

Take away the joy they felt hearing the words "cancer free"?

There is no question.

Not really.

And it doesn't take me much time to ponder.

Because I know the answers.

I wouldn't change my life.

I am thankful for the difficulties.

Because I am thrilled with the blessings.



No comments:

Post a Comment