fall

Voting

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Benefits of Total (almost) Baldness....Let Me Count the Ways!

So, first let me explain. I am not (yet) totally bald. The sad thing is that all of my hair that had any discernable color is out. What is left is white. As in completely. Now, who knew I had so much hair without the red? (Ok, be quiet. Not a real question I wanted an answer to. You could not have known. No way.)

This means that I have approximately 1/3 of my hair still on my head. Stubby and white, and worst of all, patchy. But I am not complaining, because:

Not having hair has its advantages!

1. Shampoo? A little dab 'll do ya
2. Conditioner? what? who needs it?
3. Drying time? done! the ultimate in towel dry.
4. Brushing through tangles? ha ha
5. Hair in your food? not a chance (not now that most of it has fallen out!)
6. Bad Hair Day? no such thing
7. Pre-Menopausal Hot Flashes? a cold bald head helps the cooling process immensely!
8. I can take a deep, hot, bubble bath without worrying about my hair getting wet and soggy. aaaahhh. that's nice.
9. Saving $$ on hair cuts/colors
10. shower time cut way down - in and swish and out and you're done

At this point, I still have my eyelashes and eyebrows...maybe they'll defy the poison and stay. I am hopeful.

On another topic, I got the information on the bill for the brain MRI today. Just under $2000. Makes me thankful we waited for the insurance to pre-authorize (the second MRI order -- they're still denying the first). We had considered going ahead with the MRI and paying for it ourselves, but that is ALOT of money.

My next treatment is Thursday morning. If you think about me on Thursday or the next 8 days after that, please pray for me -- pray that I'll be able to get through with the least amount of nausea and cramping. Pray that I'll remain encouraged and hopeful about the outcome of these treatments, and most of all, please pray that the treatment is successful and I will be declared cancer free at the end of chemo and radiation (end of June/early July).

Drenda

No comments:

Post a Comment