fall

Voting

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Perhaps more waiting...

I heard late this afternoon that I am still not "randomized" (is that even a word?) in the clinical trial. FRUSTRATING! I have been assured that the randomization will be done tomorrow morning. That is important because I am scheduled to begin (after two delays) the second phase of chemotherapy tomorrow at noon.

As it stands currently, I have a 50% chance of being able to go ahead with treatment tomorrow. And 50% chance of having to wait, yet again. If I have to wait, it would be for the trial drug to be delivered, and that takes two days. Waiting means that treatment would start on Monday or Tuesday, or so I've been assured. I don't know if participating in the trial is the best thing, the right thing to do. It's a risk. A guess. A gamble, either way. And a lot of stress.

Waiting. Wondering. Questioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment