fall

Voting

Monday, December 22, 2008

3 Days After Chemo...

and I am still nauseated...but not complaining! I made it through without throwing up, and for that I am extremely thankful. The medicine the Dr. gave me really worked -- didn't stop the nausea, but made it bearable. If you were to look at me, you might think I am dehydrated...my lips are dry and cracked and peeling, but I have been doing my best to drink fluids. I don't know if the "cumulative" effect of the chemo will cause the side effects to worsen with each treatment, but I will continue to be hopeful that I have experienced the worst, and know that I only have three more of the "bad" treatments to go. That means I am already 25% done! with the first part...

The Dr. tells me that, after these first four treatments, the next twelve weekly treatments are much more easily "tolerated". And that the following 33 radiation treatments are also "tolerated" with only fatigue and leathery radiation-burned skin. Not awful when you consider the benefits derived from the treatments -- killing cancer is a good thing.

I am still trying to decide about participating in the new drug trial. I want God to give me a scroll from heaven that says "Drenda, do this: ____________". BUT, I want the blanks filled in! If it were only so easy. I know God has said "Drenda, trust ME", and "Drenda, I will CARE FOR YOU". He is the God of the universe, creator of heaven and earth, and He cares for ME. I WILL trust Him, and will use the brain he has given me to make the best decision I can.

I go back to the Dr. on Friday to have my blood counts checked. Then, back again on New Year's Eve for chemo #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment